Advanced building science research and graduate education
The BSCE was created within the School of Construction and the Environment in 2005. Our vision is to establish BCIT as a key provider of building science knowledge and master’s degree graduates through our advanced educational programs, leading edge applied research, technology development and knowledge transfer.
- Delivering an advanced educational program in building science to train highly qualified personnel for the construction industry.
- Conducting leading edge applied research and establishing best practices for the industry in building science and building engineering.
- Providing the industry with a third-party proof-of-concept to foster the development and application of innovative technologies.
- Maximizing the translation of research outcomes into tangible benefits in sustainable building design and construction.
- Fostering multidisciplinary collaboration for the advancement of building technologies